Finding the middle ground between Martha Stewart and Lindsay Lohan

There IS a middle ground. Much like one of the world's most beloved (and often times controversial) musical icons, Madonna has danced across that middle ground from one extreme to the next and has shown that one does not need to choose a side and that the best of both worlds can be embraced. To be a mother and enjoy baking with the kiddies and to enjoy wearing next to nothing while dancing on a stage in front of millions are not two personalities that must exist exclusive of each other.

For those of us who are through with the competition for mother of the year but still like to garden, for all you die hard party animals who've had their fill of borderline alcoholism and dancing but still cling to your collection of scandalous evening wear, we find ourselves here, stumbling over the stepping stones of those daring enough to go before us. For all you Marthas out there its time to bust out the bar tops and for all you Lindsays its time for some oven mits (and perhaps a fire extinguisher). Have no fear, if The Rock can be a Tooth Fairy then anything is possible!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Exhaustion does things to your brain

Caught deep in the twirling depths of a novel I must finish.  why oh why am I doing this to myself the very same month that I started a new job at a new barn?  my first time back to work after almost three years of being a full time mom and the extra weight I'm carrying around is not making the physical labour enjoyable.  Although the sleep deprivation is something I'm used to I'd say that all four kids getting chicken pox a couple migraines and strep throat all within the past three weeks don't make for the happy camper I normally am.  aside from all that I really do think that the stereotypically weirdo/insane/scruffy writer image that pops into people's heads has finally become a reality for me.  I finally understand that its roots come from spending so much time substituting the world we've created for the one we are supposed to be living in.  Maybe it might be the excessive coffee?
It's the American thanksgiving weekend starting tomorrow and it got me thinking of my little list.  I'm currently thankful for:  Advil liquigels, the Tim Horton's staff who keep me fueled all hours of the night while I work, having a boss who raised half a dozen children herself and is therefore understanding, the fact that I work with animals not people, and last but not least, goats who spend more time outside than in so leave less poop for me to scoop out of their pens. :)
I have so much I want to share but I think it is just going to have to wait until AFTER the book is done! Mainly because I started blogging right around the same time I started the rest of my crazy activities.  OH the things I have to share!!! can't wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment